IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT OUR INFORMATION PRACTICES AND THE PROTECTION OF YOUR PRIVACY
The goal of Solomon & Solomon Insurance Brokers, Inc. (“S&S”) is to provide you with superior products and services. To that end, we need to collect information about you. This notice describes S&S's policy regarding the collection and disclosure of nonpublic personal information as required under California and federal law.
Information We Collect. We obtain most of our information directly from you. Depending on the nature of your insurance transaction, we may need additional information about you or other individuals proposed for insurance. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information you provide us on applications or other forms;
- Claims, billing, payment history, and other transaction information we receive from you and others; and
- Information we receive from other agents, brokers, administrators, investigators, insurance support agencies, legal counsel, consumer reporting agencies and government reporting agencies.
No additional information will be collected about you unless it is specifically stated otherwise in an amended Privacy Notice.
Information We May Disclose. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law to effect, administer, or enforce your insurance transaction. These nonaffiliated third parties may include:
- Claims administrators;
- Other insurance companies that might write your policies on renewal;
- Appraisers, inspectors, and other insurance support services;
- Consumer reporting agencies;
- Governmental agencies when required to do so;
- An unaffiliated third party for the purpose of conducting an audit of the insurance institution or agent in connection with the operations or services provided;
- To a lien holder, mortgagee, assignee, or other person having a legal or beneficial interest in the policy of insurance; and
- To persons or agencies lawfully entitled pursuant to a subpoena or court order.
Our Security Measures. We protect your nonpublic information by:
- Collecting and using information only to the extent needed to conduct our business and to meet our service standards.
- Restricting access to the information to authorized individuals who need to know this information to provide service and products to you.
- Maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that protect your information.
- Verifying that any persons requesting information about you or your relationship with us is entitled to such information prior to providing it. For example, we may give information to heirs/beneficiaries concerning the existence and amount of life insurance following the receipt of notice of the death of an insured.
Your Right to Access Personal Information. Current and prospective clients may request the nonpublic information contained in our records. Your request must be in writing and describe the kind of nonpublic information you want to review. If you believe that your information is incomplete or inaccurate, you may request that we make corrections, additions, or deletions to the disputed information. We will respond within 30 business days.
Please send any requests to:
Solomon & Solomon Insurance Brokers, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
24411 Ridge Route Drive, Suite 135
Laguna Hills, California 92653
This privacy notice was last updated on October 15, 2018